Northwoods Homeless Shelters, Inc. was established in 1998 after community leaders met to address the issue of homelessness in Polk County. We have three units of shelter in Amery and Luck.
People in need of shelter can call 715-268-5730 or 715-554-0137 to talk to staff and do the initial intake.
Emergency shelter and services are provided free of charge to our program participants. Funding for our program is provided through donations from churches, service organizations, corporations, and individuals, as well as grant awards.
Did You Know . . .
- that Northwoods Homeless Shelters provided 1,913 shelter nights in 2015?
- that Northwoods provided services to 17 households (46 individuals) in 2015?
- that we provided food to 17 households, gas cards to 8 families, and telephone cards to 1 family in 2015? We also provided payments for car towing or repair for 3 families, prescriptions and over-the-counter medicine for 2 families, work clothes for 1 adult, and rent assistance for 3 families.
- that from 1998-2015 Northwoods has provided 38,802 shelter nights to 1,013 individuals?
- that we need and appreciate your help in providing shelter and services to our county’s homeless?
- that you can make a permanent difference in someone’s life by helping to support the Northwoods Homeless Shelters program?